Nivedita Barve has just posted a really insightful review of On the Holloway Road – click here to read it. And I don’t call it insightful only because it’s positive She describes the book well, and makes some very interesting points about the characters and themes. I really like the way she describes the tension [...]
Archive | March, 2012
The Brothers, by Finnish writer Asko Sahlberg, is the first in Peirene Press’s series of the “Small Epic”. The publisher also draws comparisons with Shakespeare and William Faulkner. No pressure, then. Surprisingly the book did not disappoint. It’s only 122 pages but does pack in a lot of story, including among other things warring brothers, family [...]
There was a time, way back in 2011, when a book event used to consist of an author standing in a dusty library or bookshop and droning on about himself and his work, followed by a book signing and a free glass of cheap red wine. No longer. I have seen the future, and the [...]
Well, it’s been a long time coming, but I finally finished my second novel and it has been acquired by Legend Press with a publication date of spring 2013. It’s a story about the fluidity of identity on the internet, how we present different faces in different situations, can rip up or change an identity at will, [...]
I’ve just noticed that Amazon is currently promoting the Kindle version of my novel for £1.09. The normal price is about five times higher, so if you’d like to try it, please click here. You can even get a free sample first, if you’re not sure about spending your £1.09 These offers usually seem to last only [...]
- The 20 best Caribbean book blogs 1 October 2012
- Liebster Award reloaded 1 November 2012
- The cafe killer 29 October 2012
- The Kindle Report: does it beat paper? 4 December 2012
- The next big thing… 4 January 2013
- We could take a train, be miles away by morning… 6 May 2013
- Ten years ago: Voluntary poverty in New York City 30 April 2013
- Some interviews 22 April 2013
- Giveaway: Granta Best of Young British Novelists 2003 18 April 2013
- How to Improve your Foreign Language Immediately 15 April 2013
- Leslie Finkel: Andrew, I appreciated your review and the comme...
- Lavonne Witt: ``If God does not build the house, in vain do its ...
- Geo Marquez: week*...
- Geo Marquez: I read for 9 hours a day of pure science fiction a...
- Evan: What I'm starting to think here is that the refer...