I use Gmail for my personal email, and recently installed a new feature called “Priority Inbox”, which automatically sorts out your important email and puts it at the top of your screen, while leaving the less important stuff lower down. Great! I always seem to be drowning in email, so this seemed like a good [...]
Archive | October, 2010
“The author’s task is to synchronize thoughts, images, raw creative material in a meaningful way, a task as difficult and frantic and joyful as herding cats.” —Brandon Dorn
“Whether you succeed or not is irrelevant, there is no such thing. Making your unknown known is the important thing.” —Georgia O’Keefe (via Crazyhorse Journal)
“Everything I learned about human nature I learned from me.” —Chekhov (via Crazyhorse Journal)
Came across a good little article in the LA Times on author self-promotion. It seems that a letter from Jack Kerouac has just turned up at a literary auction, and it bears an interesting quote: I can just see the shabby literary man carrying a “bulging briefcase” rushing from one campus to another, one lecture [...]
- The 20 best Caribbean book blogs 1 October 2012
- Liebster Award reloaded 1 November 2012
- The cafe killer 29 October 2012
- The Kindle Report: does it beat paper? 4 December 2012
- The next big thing… 4 January 2013
- We could take a train, be miles away by morning… 6 May 2013
- Ten years ago: Voluntary poverty in New York City 30 April 2013
- Some interviews 22 April 2013
- Giveaway: Granta Best of Young British Novelists 2003 18 April 2013
- How to Improve your Foreign Language Immediately 15 April 2013
- Andrew Blackman: Hi Geo Good to hear from you. I love the way yo...
- Andrew Blackman: Thanks Brian! We really enjoyed travelling around,...
- Andrew Blackman: Thanks Charlie! It certainly does for me, because ...
- Andrew Blackman: Thanks Alice! Yes, it's good to be here. Found a ...
- Leslie Finkel: Andrew, I appreciated your review and the comme...