Thanks to everyone who came to my book launch on Wednesday night! It was a wonderful evening, by which I mean that lots of people turned up and I didn’t botch my speech or reading πŸ™‚

For those of you who couldn’t make it, due to minor inconveniences like living on different continents, here are the edited highlights:

launch-crowd3

launch-books2

launch-signing

launch-me-reading

launch-me-speech

As you can see from the final photo, while some people just mingled and chatted, others couldn’t wait to start reading πŸ™‚ If you were there and have any photos of your own, please do send them to me.

The book will start to appear in bookshops around the UK next week, and I’ve been told that Amazon has started shipping them out already. If you’re outside the UK, the best option right now isΒ The Book Depository, which is currently offering 25% off and free worldwide shipping.

Thanks again to everyone who came out. I was really overwhelmed by the support, and hope you had a good time. I enjoyed it so much that I needed a day to recover before I could post this!

1. JenniferD. 29 March 2013 at 8:12 pm

Looks like a great turnout for your launch! Congratulations, again! πŸ™‚

1. Andrew Blackman - Site Author 29 March 2013 at 9:10 pm

Thanks very much, Jennifer! Yes, it was a good turnout and all went well!

2. Geoffrey Philp 29 March 2013 at 9:55 pm

Congratulations, Andrew.

1. Andrew Blackman - Site Author 3 April 2013 at 6:33 pm

Thanks very much, Geoffrey!

3. Nivedita 30 March 2013 at 1:31 pm

Congratulations Andrew! It looks like a great event. Thanks for sharing the pics πŸ™‚

1. Andrew Blackman - Site Author 3 April 2013 at 6:34 pm

Thanks Nivedita – yes, it all went well. Glad you enjoyed the pics!

4. Delia (Postcards from Asia) 30 March 2013 at 3:54 pm

Congratulations Andrew, and thank you for posting the pics! For some reason I thought the launch was scheduled for April – I must have misunderstood.

1. Andrew Blackman - Site Author 3 April 2013 at 6:36 pm

The publication date was 1st April, but the launch party was a few days before. So you’re right – it just depends on what you define as the launch πŸ™‚

5. Whispering Gums 31 March 2013 at 2:49 pm

Congratulations Andrew … you must be feeling proud. Looks like a lovely event.

1. Andrew Blackman - Site Author 3 April 2013 at 6:37 pm

Thanks so much!! Actually my main emotion is relief – I get quite nervous before events like this, and am relieved that everything went well, and that initial responses have been positive.

6. Charlie 31 March 2013 at 8:12 pm

A very good turn out, and a wonderful evening. Glad to be there πŸ™‚

1. Andrew Blackman - Site Author 3 April 2013 at 6:38 pm

it was wonderful that you could be there, Charlie – thank you so much for coming!! Lovely to meet you both.

7. Michelle Davidson Argyle 31 March 2013 at 10:11 pm

So glad it was a success! And dang me living on a different continent!

1. Andrew Blackman - Site Author 3 April 2013 at 6:40 pm

Thanks Michelle! Yes, you should work on that in time for the next party πŸ˜‰

8. Brian Joseph 1 April 2013 at 1:18 am

Congratulations Andrew!

The book is fantastic!

1. Andrew Blackman - Site Author 3 April 2013 at 6:41 pm

I’m so glad you enjoyed it, Brian, and thank you so much for the wonderful review. It was great to read your response.

9. Emma 1 April 2013 at 5:05 pm

I wish I could have attended. Congratulations.

I have your book now and I’m carefully avoiding all reviews to read it with a fresh mind.

1. Andrew Blackman - Site Author 3 April 2013 at 6:49 pm

Hi Emma,

Thanks very much! Glad you got the book. I’m the same when I’ve got a new book to read – I like to keep other people’s opinions out of my head. Hope you enjoy it!

10. Pingback: A few updates | Andrew Blackman