This is a deeply religious book, in a couple of different senses. First of all, the main character, Celie, narrates the book through letters she writes to God. She is trapped in abusive relationships, first with Pa and then with her husband Albert, referred to by her as Mr ______. She writes to God because [...]
Tag Archives | alice walker
- The 20 best Caribbean book blogs 1 October 2012
- Liebster Award reloaded 1 November 2012
- The cafe killer 29 October 2012
- The Kindle Report: does it beat paper? 4 December 2012
- The next big thing… 4 January 2013
- We could take a train, be miles away by morning… 6 May 2013
- Ten years ago: Voluntary poverty in New York City 30 April 2013
- Some interviews 22 April 2013
- Giveaway: Granta Best of Young British Novelists 2003 18 April 2013
- How to Improve your Foreign Language Immediately 15 April 2013
- Andrew Blackman: Hi Geo Good to hear from you. I love the way yo...
- Andrew Blackman: Thanks Brian! We really enjoyed travelling around,...
- Andrew Blackman: Thanks Charlie! It certainly does for me, because ...
- Andrew Blackman: Thanks Alice! Yes, it's good to be here. Found a ...
- Leslie Finkel: Andrew, I appreciated your review and the comme...
andrew blackman a virtual love barbados booker prize winner book review books capitalism climate change columbia journalism school Crouch End death environment featured fiction george lamming guest post history Inspiration Interesting things I've read journalism legend press Literary events literary fiction london luke bitmead monday morning inspiration novel novels On the Holloway Road philosophy poetry politics prospero's books protest racism Reading review russian literature short stories short story USA war Writing writing contest writing quotes