Minds are like parachutes. They work best when open. –Thomas Dewar
Tag Archives | monday morning inspiration
“The author’s task is to synchronize thoughts, images, raw creative material in a meaningful way, a task as difficult and frantic and joyful as herding cats.” —Brandon Dorn
“Whether you succeed or not is irrelevant, there is no such thing. Making your unknown known is the important thing.” —Georgia O’Keefe (via Crazyhorse Journal)
“Everything I learned about human nature I learned from me.” —Chekhov (via Crazyhorse Journal)
“I believe in words. I believe that words are little gods. I believe that books are bibles.” —Marcel Pomerlo (via Crazyhorse Journal)
“Truth is not an unveiling which destroys the secret, but a revelation that does it justice.” —Walter Benjamin (via Crazyhorse Journal)
“An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.” —Charles Bukowski (for this and other recent quotes, thanks to Crazyhorse Journal)
“Writing is finally a series of permissions you give yourself to be expressive in certain ways. To leap. To fly. To fail.” —Susan Sontag
“Always pull back—and see how silly we must look to God.” —Jack Kerouac
“Writing is easy. You just sit down at the typewriter and open a vein.” —Red Smith (On reflection, not sure if this is inspirational or scary. But I like the quote.)
- The 20 best Caribbean book blogs 1 October 2012
- Liebster Award reloaded 1 November 2012
- The cafe killer 29 October 2012
- The Kindle Report: does it beat paper? 4 December 2012
- The next big thing… 4 January 2013
- We could take a train, be miles away by morning… 6 May 2013
- Ten years ago: Voluntary poverty in New York City 30 April 2013
- Some interviews 22 April 2013
- Giveaway: Granta Best of Young British Novelists 2003 18 April 2013
- How to Improve your Foreign Language Immediately 15 April 2013
- Geo Marquez: week*...
- Geo Marquez: I read for 9 hours a day of pure science fiction a...
- Evan: What I'm starting to think here is that the refer...
- Brian Joseph: Sounds like a super trip. Have a great time Andrew...
- Charlie: All the best to you both. Crete most definitely b...