I read “Crash” a while back. Everything that happened in the book from beginning to end was completely unbelievable, but still I quite liked it. It was somehow compelling, like the car crashes it described. The characters were unreal, human emotions and motivations were absent, the plot meandered through more and more ridiculous territory, and [...]
Archive | September, 2008
The original idea of this blog was to provide somewhere for me to record the books and articles I read. I forget things so easily: I know I’ve read “Catcher in the Rye”, for instance. I see it on my bookshelf sometimes, and the spine has creases. It’s definitely been read. But I can’t remember [...]
- The 20 best Caribbean book blogs 1 October 2012
- The cafe killer 29 October 2012
- Liebster Award reloaded 1 November 2012
- The Kindle Report: does it beat paper? 4 December 2012
- The next big thing… 4 January 2013
- We could take a train, be miles away by morning… 6 May 2013
- Ten years ago: Voluntary poverty in New York City 30 April 2013
- Some interviews 22 April 2013
- Giveaway: Granta Best of Young British Novelists 2003 18 April 2013
- How to Improve your Foreign Language Immediately 15 April 2013
- Evan: What I'm starting to think here is that the refer...
- Brian Joseph: Sounds like a super trip. Have a great time Andrew...
- Charlie: All the best to you both. Crete most definitely b...
- Ptm: Oooooooo - this makes me think veronica and jack w...
- TS: Tony and Adrian being the same person is problemat...